On successful completion of the SVQ level 2 and candidate will progress to on the job working as an improver and will have time to gain confidence and competence in their skill area.
When the candidate is deemed competent to work on his own, he will be assessed against a level 3 qualification. The qualification will be structured as below.
This phase of the Training can take as little as 14 months to complete for aged over 20's or the remainder of 4 years for aged under 20's
Statutory Units Are
- Complying with statutory regulations and organisational safety requirements
- Using and interpreting engineering drawings and documents
- Working efficiently and effectively in engineering
Optional Craft Units can include
- Marking out components for Pipework
- Cutting and shaping materials using portable thermal cutting equipment
- Cutting materials using saws and abrasive discs
- Producing and finishing holes using drilling machines
- Producing Pipework assemblies
- Mechanical Joining Techniques
- Slinging, lifting and moving materials and components